Whether you’ve been cycling for years or this is your first time on a bike since middle school, Encinitas BCycle electric-assist bikes make any terrain easy to conquer and enjoy! Following these few steps can make your e-bike trip even more seamless.
Inspect the Bike
- Make sure to check brakes, tires, and the front/rear lights before riding.
- Encinitas BCycle bike seats are easily adjustable. Just open the clamp on the seat post, lower or raise your seat, and close the clamp again.
- Problems? Re-dock the bike and text or call us.
Wear a helmet
- We'll always recommend you wear a helmet when riding our e-bikes.
- Unlike on a typical bike, you should stop pedaling when you want to shift up or down and change the level of pedal assist during your trip.
Follow the rules of the road
- Make sure to observe local traffic signs, signals, and laws at all times.
- Ride your bike in the in bike lanes, on bike paths or on the street when needed. Never ride against traffic.
- Signal your next move. If you are turning, point in the direction you are going. This helps cars and other cyclists understand your intentions.
- Walk your bike on the sidewalk. It's called a sideWALK for a reason
Plan a route
- Know where you’re headed – Download the BCycle mobile app for the most up-to-date station map. This will show available e-bikes and docks for ending your trip
Returning your bike
- When returning your bike to a station, return your bike firmly into the dock. After 3 beeps and flashes from the green dock icon, you will also receive an email or app notification that your trip has ended.
- Text or call us if you encounter any issues, we've got your back!